вторник, 21 апреля 2015 г.

Bad Shoulders or Low Testosterone? Structural balance training for bad shoulders and tips to raise testosterone

QUESTION:

How can I incorporate corrective exercises into my workouts? I have a shoulder that acts up (probably a result of too much bench pressing), and I thought of trying some rotator cuff exercises.

ANSWER:

I’ll give you two examples of how I incorporate these structural balance exercises into a training program.
The first workout is a bodybuilding workout for the upper body; at the end of it are two structural balance exercises performed as a superset.

The second workout is for functional hypertrophy with an emphasis on arm training. It also contains a structural balance superset, but it is performed at the beginning of the workout. 

Which format is better? First, consider that because people have such busy schedules today, they sometimes skip the last few exercises in their workouts. If structural balance is a major concern for you, perform these exercises first. To show you why, I’ll tell you about a woman I trained years ago who broke the world record in the bench press. Before she broke that record, I determined that weakness in the muscles that externally rotated her shoulders was affecting her strength. To correct this structural imbalance, I had her perform workouts in which she performed rotator cuff exercises before she bench pressed.
Finally, look at these workouts as examples —don’t think you have to use these exact prescriptions. The important thing is to follow the principles behind their creation.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий