среда, 15 июля 2015 г.

Mace Swinging Benefits and Purposes

http://www.dieselcrew.com/mace-swinging-benefits-and-purposes?utm_source=The+Rotater%27s+%22Top+10%22+Newsletter&utm_campaign=dcf9212045-The_Rotater_TOP_10_7_14_157_15_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b069c819d0-dcf9212045-327172017


Today’s question comes from Norm, and it is about Mace Swinging.
    “Hi Jedd
    I picked up your Home Made Strength Online DVD. I’m very happy with the product. My only question is whether the exercise where you swing the mace around your head should be used as a warmup, main strength move, or finisher? -Norm-“
Thanks for the note, Norm. Mace Swinging is a lot of fun, plus is is very versatile, so I put together a quick article for you.
In addition, I just talked with Ryan Pitts, and he just set up a special discount code just for my subscribers.
From Ryan Pitts at Stronger Grip Enterprises:
    “I have been making the handles on some of the maces loadable at request of customer. I will give this upgrade to anyone who uses your diesel5 code. They get 5% off and a bonus $25 value of loadable handle, giving the mace an extra 10-16 lb capacity depending on what kind of media and length of mace they order. -Ryan Pitts-“
To get your own Mace with the custom adjustable-weight handle, use this link:
Be sure to use the code => diesel5 <= when you check out to get 5% off and get a cool adjustable handle.

The Benefits of Mace Swinging 

Maces: Multi-Purpose Tools, Perfect for Warm-up, Strength Work, or Finishers

Is the Mace best used as a Warm-up device, a Strength Movement, or as a Finisher?
The Mace can actually be used for all three of these purposes. Allow me to detail each one…

Mace Training as a Warm-up

When done with a light weight, Mace Training can be a great warm-up for the upper body.
The shoulders, biceps, triceps, and the lower arms get used under light loads very fluidly with Mace Swinging, and this promotes blood flow to the area, lubricating the joints, making them feel good, especially after a long day where you are stuck in a chair or something like that.
In addition, the over the shoulder and behind the head movements of Mace Swinging open up the thoracic region of the torso, which can help you lift heavier later on in the workout.

Maces as a Strength Movement

You can also test your strength and coordination with heavy mace swinging. 
I had a giant mace / club made several years ago that I call the Demolition Club.
Here’s a post on the Demolition Club.
It’s literally a giant artillery shell with a handle and it weighs 89lbs. The handle is super thick and there is no ball at the end of the handle, you not only must get your core, torso, and shoulders ready to go in order to swing this thing, but you grip must be ON too.
So, you can load a mace up heavy, especially shot-loadable ones like Ryan Pitts makes here, and keep the repetitions lower for a very challenging strength movement.

Maces as a Finisher

I, generally, use my mace training as a “finisher” of sorts the majority of the time. 
During periods where I have no contests to train for, or if I am looking to burn some extra calories, I use Mace Swinging as “Upper Body Cardio,” at the end of the workout, doing a handful of sets for maximum repetitions.
Generally, I will wear some kind of gloves with these, in order to prevent blisters. Plus, my hands have to work a bit harder, so I get a good Grip Strength Challenge out of it.
I even like to do some “Sprint-Style” Mace Swinging, where I try to rip off 20 repetitions as fast as possible for 4 to 6 sets.
So, really, depending on what you want to go for, Mace Swinging can be a great multi-purpose form of training.
I like the shot-loadable Mace that I have, and you can also buy plate loadable ones too.
Good luck with your Mace Training, Norm.

Jedd

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий